About Me

My photo
I recently moved back to the states after living in Japan and working as a personal trainer for military personnel and their spouses. Moving back to the states felt like the perfect timing to switch gears and focus on my own goals of competing in the NPC Bikini Division. I love my life as a trainer and competitor. I see the body as a piece of clay waiting to be shaped and sculpted into a beautiful master piece. I love watching my own transformations and equally love seeing the transformations I help create in others.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cure for Craving

Good thing I have a photo shoot on Saturday AND a cheat day. Having an event that is in the near future can help you hold out. Also, knowing a small break from the strict diet is coming helps keep sanity and from falling off the track.

I don't know what it is lately but Ive been wanting new things. I think it's maybe because of all the foods I ate after my competition last week. They say it takes 3 weeks for your body to stop craving foods that you used to feed it. Whatever it is, I just ignore it. If my coach told me I had to eat dirt to reach my goals, I would! But it is nice when I no longer have to ignore the cravings because I discover a substitute that keeps me right on track!

One of the things I crave is coffee, not black coffee, YUMMY coffee! Well here is what I do to satisfy that sweet tooth for a Starbucks Frappuccino. Enjoy!

I blend one serving of my protien powder with ice and water for 2minutes. IT MATTERS THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD BLENDER. A good blender leaves no ice chunks and makes a thick creamy texture. Then I add a cup or two, depending on how strong I want, of cooled coffee and blend for 30seconds.

Knowing that I am not back tracking makes this drink even more enjoyable than a full fat frappuccino.

Till next time:)
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment